Reflections: Express the Artist in YOU!
Reflect on the theme. Create an original work.
Entries from all grades and all abilities welcome.
* Dance Choreography *Photography * Musical Composition
* Visual Art * Film Production * Literature
Designed to enhance rather than replace a quality arts education, the national PTA® Reflections Program℠ provides opportunities for students to express themselves and to receive positive recognition for their artistic efforts.
PTA believes all children deserve a quality arts education and encourages students to pursue artistic expression through participation in its annual arts Reflections Program. The program offers students the opportunity to create works of art for fun and recognition. Students in production, literature, musical composition, photography, and the visual arts (which includes art forms such as drawing, painting, print making, and collage). For more than 40 years, the program has encouraged millions of students across the nation and in American schools overseas to create works of art. The Reflections Program was started in 1969 by then Colorado PTA President Mary Lou Anderson.
The theme for the 2018-2019 school year is “Heroes Around Me”
Thousands of students will reflect on the theme and create original works of art in the categories of dance choreography, film production, music composition, literature, photography and visual arts.
ENTRY DEADLINE: TBD
Info packets available in the front office or you can email Jen Burton at FishHawkCreekReflections@gmail.com
In addition to submitting an entry, any student can enter the Theme Search Contest. Submissions cannot be a repeat theme so check out past winning themes here: 17-18 Reflections Theme Search Past Themes
Print the entry form here: or obtain a copy in the front office. Forms must be turned back into the front office to the Reflections box by October 5, 2018.
Email Jen Burton with questions.
Reflections Program Tools:
· Categories to submit entries for are: Visual Arts, Photography, Literature, Music Composition, Dance Choreography and Film Production.
· To view past submissions & gather ideas, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az-nmiPDd1Q#action=share.
· To gather more past ideas: http://www.pta.org/programs/Reflections.cfm?ItemNumber=4950&navItemNumber=4778
· To become a volunteer on the committee, contact Jen Burton
· Review Criteria for submissions:
o Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
o Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
o Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
· What needs to be in your Artist Statement?
· How does your work relate to the theme?
· What is your personal connection to the theme?
· What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
· What/Who was your inspiration?