2018-19 Safety Information
Dear Falcon Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the 2018 – 2019 school year! Your child’s safety is our top priority at FishHawk Creek. In a continued effort to ensure the safety of our students and staff, the following procedures will be in place beginning the first day of school, Friday, August 10, 2018.
- On Friday, Aug. 10th, the first day of school, all parents will be allowed to walk their child to the classroom.
- Beginning the following week of Aug. 13 – 17, parents of only PreK IPEEPs and kindergarten students will be allowed to walk their child to the classroom. Parents of Gr. 1 – Gr. 5 will walk their child to an entry point (the Main Office entry gate or the cafeteria). The Gr. 1 – Gr. 5 student proceeds to class and the parent exits the campus.
- Beginning the week of Aug. 13 – 17, the campus will be secured anytime students are on campus. This includes the arrival time at 7:10 through dismissal of 1:55 (Tues. – Fri.) and until 12:55 (on Early Dismissal Mondays).
- Parents who want to eat breakfast with their child between 7:10-7:35 would need to sign in using the Safe Net system. There will be a Safe Net sign in station in the cafeteria for this sole purpose. This will require your drivers license. We will not be able to make any exceptions. Note: After eating breakfast, the student proceeds to their classroom and the parent exits the campus from the lunchroom.
- Beginning the week of Aug. 20th, all students will go to their class on their own.
- Tardy students arriving after 7:40 a.m. must be escorted to the Main Office by a parent to sign in. These students will be walked to class by staff members.
- Any visitor for a classroom performance or lunch with your child, etc. or serving as a scheduled volunteer (through your child’s teacher or for PTA activities) must bring your drivers license to the Main Office to sign in through the Safe Net program. No exceptions will be made. For special programs / ceremonies (All Pro Dads, Terrific Kids and Principal’s Honor Roll) will use the Safe Net sign in located in the cafeteria.
- Visitors/ volunteers must enter through the office to sign in and must exit through the office to sign out. This process will ensure we know who is on campus at all times in the event of an emergency.
- Officer Brandon Parker has been assigned to serve FishHawk Creek Elem. for the 2018 – 2019 school year to help ensure the safety of our campus.
We greatly appreciate your support in this effort, as it is in the best interest of the safety of our students and staff. If you have any questions about these procedures, please contact the office at 651-2150.